The MERLIN Project will be holding its mid-term conference on 17 June 2014 (Day 1 of the of the UIC Energy Efficiency Days 2014) in the Foyer room of the Antwerp Zoo.
UNIFE, UIC and the MERLIN project Consortium are pleased to invite you to attend the MERLIN Project Mid-Term Conference that will be held on Day 1 of the UIC energy Efficiency Days 2014.
The MERLIN Project, partly funded through the Seventh Framework Programme for Research (FP7) of the European Commission, aims to investigate and demonstrate the viability of an integrated management system to achieve a more sustainable and optimised energy usage in European mainline railway systems.
Why you should attend?
Targeted at energy management experts and researchers from the rail transport sector, the conference will take stock of the research work performed so far, and will look ahead at the future tasks to be undertaken. It will also be the opportunity for participants to network and exchange on the project’s achievements at mid-term.
The topics dealt with at the conference will be the following:
- The needs of railway operators in terms of energy management;
- The five MERLIN Scenarios and their objectives;
- The MERLIN Railway Energy Management System;
- The links between EU Energy legislation and the railways;
- MERLIN contribution’s to standardization.
Ample time will also be devoted to discussion and exchange with the project participants.
To download the draft programme of the event please click on the icon below.
Do not hesitate to circulate this information around you.
We look forward to meeting you in Antwerpen.
We are sorry, registration is now closed!
- Make sure you are registered for the MERLIN mid-term conference, and for the UIC Energy Efficiency Days 2014 (to register click here)
- and that your hotel room is booked!!